Applying to Jobs through WWR

Hi WWR Community,

I have a few questions about applying for a job through this site.

• Do companies expect a cover letter to be included with our resume when we upload it?

• How quickly do positions tend to get filled? Should I apply to postings as soon as possible?

• Should I use keywords from the job postings in my resumes?

• How many applicants apply to a typical job on WWR?

1 Like

Hey @Caitlin! Great questions. Answers below:

• Do companies expect a cover letter to be included with our resume when we upload it?

We’ve heard everything from “cover letters are dead!” to “we don’t even look at applications if a cover letter isn’t submitted,” and everything in between.

So TLDR: It totally depends on the company and it’s always in good practice to research their hiring process. If that isn’t provided, I’d recommend including a cover letter anyway to display that you’re really tailoring your application to that specific role.

• How quickly do positions tend to get filled? Should I apply to postings as soon as possible?

Again, this depends on the individual company’s overall hiring process, but for the most part, applying for jobs sooner is a good idea. To receive notifications as soon as a job is posted, you can sign up for browser alerts (on the Category page) or email real-time alerts (here).

• Should I use keywords from the job postings in my resumes?

Yes, absolutely. For more tips on how, check out our recent blog post here.

• How many applicants apply to a typical job on WWR?

Another awesome question - anywhere between 50 and 300 on average.

Good luck with your job hunt and let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi Justine,

Thanks for the info. I am at the point where tailoring and researching for each application takes a really long time. There are not very many jobs out there right now.

If only there was a way to have less applicants apply to jobs