Remote Working Question

Hey -

I am looking for feedback from those of you that work 100% remote, or even hybrid work (decent split between office and home/elsewhere).

• Looking back, what things do you wish you knew prior to being in this working arrangement?
  • What have you learned along the way that have made your remote working life better or improved your career?
  • What struggles do you currently have?
  • Any other comments

Looking more into this working arrangement and I am really interested to know folks experiences, issues, learnings etc. Also interested if there is anything from a hardware/ways of working point of view that is worth knowing.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there😊
I’ve been working remotely for several years now, including during 3 life transitions: marriage, home buying, and becoming a mom.

I think i can offer you some insight:

• Looking back, what things do you wish you knew prior to being in this working arrangement?
    I wish i knew it can feel lonesome at times. But since I’m a natural introvert, it doesn’t last long nor feel like suffering for me personally.

• What have you learned along the way that have made your remote working life better or improved your career?
    Emotional intelligence, enhanced people skills, how to be more organized and adaptable to change! Remote work requires you to create an environment that can accommodate work and personal life. Also, like in the office you’ll have to navigate different personalities- but it challenges you to be empathetic and socially aware. Major growth!

• What struggles do you currently have?
    Time management can be tough, especially when my toddler is not in school and I’m juggling both. What helps is for me to have a couple of routines in place, and set up my calendar around my schedule as much as possible. I work in HR and get good flexibility, work/life balance.

• Any other comments
    Sure, if youd like to follow my journey working from home or learn more about how i make money as a busy mom at home, find me at Jo Leisurely on YT▶️

Best wishes on your endeavors, and let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like