Remote work isn’t as easy these days with Covid restrictions making it difficult to get out and socialize. Because of that, this style of work can make people feel even more isolated. So, my question is, what are you doing to combat those feelings of isolation? Virtual happy hours with friends? Meeting friends outdoors? I’d love to hear what works for you.
If you are anywhere near a coworking place, work there.
@spc2582 - Great suggestion! I have personally tried one locally and found it too distracting. Do you currently work at one? Any tips you can share on how to balance it all?
Great question, this is something a lot of people must be experiencing since working from home went mainstream. We quickly realized that prolonged work from home can cause employees to lose motivation and suffer from low morale. To combat the isolated feeling, we developed tools that assist in employee engagement and rewarding teams.
These tools integrate right into our workspaces and allow the users to enjoy quizzes, polls, Pictionary, watercoolers, and much more.
@Springworks - What a great idea! Those all sound fun and serve as a nice way to break up the day and spend time with others virtually. Kudos!
Here are the tips I follow to deal with isolation as a remote worker
- I work at least once a week outside of my home- In the café or the park
- Take a short break to catch up with my friends
- Listen to favorite music to uplift my mood
- At our workplace, we use tools like Trivia by springwork, where we play games and quizzes. It’s a great way to deal with isolation while working.
At least one time per week I try to visit or office, or the nearest cafe to work from there.
During the weekend I make myself to meet friends or just go for a walk with some colleagues (though I need to mention it really needs some efforts. It is so easy to become couch potato)
I also go for a 30 min walk with my son during the day to play on the playground with the other kids.
Another important things are small travels - at least to the nearest city.
However I managed to move 3 times during 2 pandemic years. So I’m probably not the very typical example
I used to remote work working thus for 3 year and here are some tips that help me now to relax and to be in a good shape:
- Walking on the fresh air if you have such possibility do it every day.
- Read or watch something interesting to you, elevate your mind.
- Arrange your workplace so that you would be pleased to be there. Add some cute things, stickers, something that will delight your eyes and make your workflow easier.
- Install on your pc some soft that will help you to work productive and in order not to be distracted, I use this website.
- Find a hobby for a free time. I dance and this one brings me pleasure and also this is useful especially for those who has sitting/office work.
- And the last that also is important for me is to buy something new for yourself some clothes, delicious or some things that make you happy.
I’m working as a freelancer & I had faced same situation. Therefore I want to share some tips
tip no. 1 - Start your work early morning because it is the time when mind is working superfast.
tip no. 2 - Start timer for every task, you can use time tracking software for employees at your workplace.
tip no. 3 - Make a schedule for every task. & try to do it in least time.